Community Toolkit: Health of our population in the wake of hurricanes
IMPACTIVO™ worked diligently to address the safety and health of our population in the wake of hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017. In coordination with the Department of Health and the Public Health Training Centers we launched the campaign SALÚDame Saludable.
Hurricane Fiona’s passage through Puerto Rico has caused significant damage. At ImpACTivo we want to contribute to recovery efforts. The SalúDame Saludable educational campaign was developed with the HRSA Region 2 Public Training Center team with the objective of providing educational tools to entities in Puerto Rico to educate and raise awareness among the population on how to stay safe and healthy after from the passage of a hurricane.
We make these materials available to you. They can be downloaded to be shared through social networks or printed. Our intention is to educate and support the population. At ImpACTivo we are always here to serve you.
Thank you for being an ImpACTivista™ committed to making a difference!
We were able to raise funds with the support of the University of Columbia, which allowed for the publication of educational columns in national and regional newspapers in Puerto Rico for up to ten months after the hurricanes. Agenda Ciudadana helped in the efforts of developing the materials and ensuring the appropriate use of the funds collected.
Join us in our hurricane preparedness efforts by sharing the campaign materials:
- Print and place them in visible places in your communities, common areas and work
- Share them by text and social networks
- Copy this link and share it with other leaders and colleagues to join the effort.
- Puerto Rico Department of Health
- Region 2 Public Health Training Center
- Region 1 Public Health Training Center
- Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
- Rutgers University School of Public Health
- University of the Virgin Islands
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- CDC Foundation
- Agenda Ciudadana
- Josette y sus Truquitos Caseros
- PR Human Resources Association/SHRM
- Clever Media
- Puerto Rico Primary Care Association – Asociación de Salud Primaria de Puerto Rico (representing 20 Federally Qualified Health Centers)
- PR Medical Directors Academy– Academia de Directores Médicos de Puerto Rico
- PR Insurance Association/Acodese
- PR Hospital Association
- United Way of Puerto Rico/Fondos Unidos de Puerto Rico
- Universidad Carlos Albizu
- Proyecto Enlace del Caño Martín Peña
- Best Option
- Yale University
- Insignia Senior Living (Elderly Home)
- PR Chapter Entrepreneurs Organization (EO)
- CienciaPR (Groups PR Scientists)
- Foundation for Puerto Rico
- Cooperativa de Seguros Múltiples
- GFR Media
- Asociación de Ejecutivos de Cooperativas (GroupsPR Coops)