|First/mid-level Official and Manager
Impactivo LLC® is a social impact consulting firm focused on making health and well-being accessible to children, patients, and communities. We use data, design, and inspiration to align the interests of patients, providers, and insurers to transform the healthcare experience fundamentally. We are a fast-growing start-up serving clients in New York, D.C., Massachusetts, and Puerto Rico.
People @ Impactivo
At Impactivo LLC®, we care deeply about what we do. Frequently, our work supports the sole healthcare provider in an already socio-economically disadvantaged community, which means that the success of our projects has direct implications for how people live and die. This drives us to do our work with the highest responsibility and excellence. People who thrive at Impactivo LCC® are socially committed and inherently curious, always learning and searching for answers to our communities’ problems. We are creative and flexible professionals constantly looking for innovative ways to improve outcomes for our communities. As an entrepreneurial venture, we are also highly business savvy and comfortable with uncertainty, maintaining the capacity to “shift on a dime” when it is in the best interest of our firm and our communities. Our staff is knowledgeable about our fields of work and goes beyond the call of duty to understand the individual communities we work with and to achieve transformational change. We value the power of teamwork and respect the diversity of ideas, all in the spirit of producing the best possible work for our communities. A positive attitude is critical to our success.
An instructional designer is a professional who designs and develops instructional materials and learning experiences for educational institutions, corporations, or other organizations. Their primary role is to analyze learning needs, create instructional strategies, and design effective learning solutions to meet specific learning objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, but are not limited to the following.
- Needs Analysis:
- Conducting needs assessments to identify the learning requirements of a target audience or organization.
- Gathering information, conducting interviews, and analyzing existing content or materials.
- Curriculum Design:
- Developing instructional objectives, content outlines, and curriculum maps that align with learning goals.
- Determining the scope and sequence of instructional content and creating a logical structure for learning modules or courses.
- Instructional Design:
- Designing engaging and interactive learning experiences using instructional design models and principles.
- Select appropriate instructional methods, activities, and assessments to facilitate learning and promote knowledge retention.
- Content Development:
- Creating and organizing instructional materials, such as presentations, e-learning modules, videos, simulations, or written content.
- Writing scripts, storyboarding, graphic design, multimedia integration, or coordinating with subject matter experts.
- Technology Integration:
- Utilizing instructional technologies and learning management systems to deliver and track learning experiences.
- Working with e-learning authoring tools, learning platforms, virtual classrooms, or learning analytics systems.
- Evaluation and Revision:
- Assessing the effectiveness of instructional materials and making revisions based on feedback and evaluation data.
- Conducting formative and summative evaluations, analyzing learner performance, and continuously improving the learning experience.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts, trainers, project managers, and other stakeholders to gather information, review content, and ensure the successful implementation of instructional solutions.
Directly supervises instructional design team, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Knowledge of Learning Theories:
- Strong understanding of learning theories, instructional design models (e.g., ADDIE, SAM), and adult learning principles. Familiarity with cognitive psychology, behavioral theories, and instructional design best practices.
- Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in e-learning authoring tools (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate), learning management systems (LMS), multimedia editing software, and other instructional technologies. Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies.
- Content Development:
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to translate complex information into clear and concise instructional materials. Knowledge of multimedia design principles, graphic design, and visual communication.
- Project Management:
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and collaborate effectively with team members.
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams. Ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts effectively to diverse audiences.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities to identify learning needs, design effective solutions, and evaluate the impact of instructional materials.
- Continuous Learning:
- A commitment to staying updated with emerging trends, technologies, and best practices in instructional design and educational technology.
Education and or Experience
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, instructional systems, or a related field. Seven + work experience in instructional design, e-learning development, or education/training is highly desirable.
- Orientation toward process and structure
- Full Bilingual – English and Spanish
The job modality is hybrid remote work, and it will be carried out in a home-based worksite and, at times, in the clients’ worksites for face-to-face interactions. For the home-based worksite, it is required:
- A home office or a private designated workplace (necessary for the handling of sensitive or confidential data)
- Reliable desktop computer or laptop
- Highspeed internet
For the clients’ worksites, it is required:
- Valid driver’s license
- Private transportation
- Reliable laptop
- Highspeed Internet hotspot
An employee must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations can be made to allow people with disabilities. This position requires operating a computer keyboard and standard office equipment. The ability to communicate information and ideas for others to understand. The ability to observe details at close range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, or listen. Occasionally requires walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, kneeling, pushing/pulling, and stooping. It may also occasionally need to be able to drive for long periods.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee ordinarily encounters in their homes or at a professional workplace. It will vary depending on the clients’ worksites.
We are building an incredible team, join us and be part of the transformation of health care!
Impactivo LLC® provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, military service obligation, disability status, genetic information, political affiliation, and being or being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. In addition to federal law requirements, Impactivo LLC ® aligns with applicable local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of work, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.